What is Body Sugaring?
Body Sugaring is an ancient art of hair removal that uses a completely natural paste made from lemon, sugar and water. Unlike waxes, it does not contain petrochemicals, resins, or preservatives.
The paste is molded onto your skin against the direction of the hair growth, then quickly flicked off, removing the sugar paste. This process extracts your unwanted hair and collects dead skin cells while exfoliating your skin.
This ancient hand technique, allows the hair to be extracted in the direction of its growth which leads to less breakage and discomfort for you! BodySugar is more sanitary and reduces waste because there are no sticks or strips used. After your service, the paste and gloves are discarded and you are left with beautifully smooth skin.
How Long Does Body Sugaring Last?
For the best results, book your appointments when the hair is 1/8″ long. At 1/8″ the hair is in the beginning stage of growth and after extraction it will take longer to grow back. As hair generally grows on a 6 week cycle, we recommend that all clients come in once every four weeks for the first three months to try and allow the hair to be on the same growth cycle.
- hair can be removed at 1/8″ – only 7-10 days of growing (half the length needed for waxing).
- any pigment or type of hair can be sugared.
- safe for sensitive skin types.
- removes ONLY dead skin along with unwanted hair.
- regular extraction at an 1/8″ (the Anagen Phase of hair growth) leads to permanent hair loss. When hair is extracted at that length it pulls some of the follicle wall out with it each time eventually causing it to collapse.
- does not need to be heated like wax so it will NEVER burn you!
- hair is removed in the natural direction of growth which eliminates breakage, unnecessary discomfort, irritation and ingrown hairs.
- eco-friendly and biodegradable.
- sanitary and individually portioned- no chance of double dipping sticks!